Thursday, May 10, 2012

Why Should I care?

Some people get you angry. They try to sink that ship of happiness you call life, for their own personal gain. And I say let them try. Why? Well if these people's lives are so bad the only way to feel goods is to make other people feel bad, you should let them do what makes them happy. But before you get angry or sad, remember those people are probably worst off than you are. Maybe worst off then you will ever be.

The reason I start off this post like this is because today got me thinking. Why in the world should anything anyone says about me, affect me?

In seventh grade I stopped caring what other people thought of me. It's not like I looked in the mirror and said," Today I'll stop caring." Some kids just started messing with me and I didn't care about what they say.
If some one thinks I'm ugly, I still think I'm handsome. If they think I'm geeky, I may be, but I'm proud to be one. Even some of you reading this may think I'm just some loser kid who is trying to be wise, or I'm a wanna be Aristotle, but i say think what you want, whether it be positive or negative. Whether what you say has a negative or positive impact on my, or any one else's life. While many people think it's not that big of a deal. I think it is.
People who truly dont care what others think of them. People who do their own thing. People who have friends who like them for who they are, and what they stand for, an not what they have. Those people are probably the luckiest people on earth.

And until we start to think, not like those people, but all together, think about what other people say, how you think,and which of those you rather go by, will you truly be happy.

Dont look to be accepted, just accept yourself.
                                              -T


P.S. Let them rock your boat, just dont let them tip it over.

No comments:

Post a Comment